Thursday 16 February 2012

Taking Stock: A/B vs ME

Taking Stock
Okay, it’s time to take stock of where I am on my journey to freedom so far. What have I learned about the voice of anorexia/bulimia? What support do I have? What weakness has a/b shown? What strategic anti-a/b position can I take to further assist me in my escape?
I have learned about the voice of a/b:
1.       He is a deceiver. Mixing truth with lies. (strength)
2.       He gets aggressive when a prisoner tries to escape (strength)
3.       He makes promises of happiness which he never keeps (weakness)
4.       He hates all forms of fat (Strength)
5.       He loves numbers i.e. counting calories, kilograms, pounds, inches, centimeters etc. (strength)
6.       He loves making me feel worthless, dependent, fat, and ugly and like a joke. (strength)
7.       He hates being seen and exposed (weakness)
8.       He has most of society and the media believing and advocating his lies. (Strength)
9.       He hates me (weakness)
I have learned about me:
1.       I can identify the voice of a/b. (Strength)
2.       I recognize him in society and the media. Even in conversations with friends. (strength)
3.       I have anti-a/b allies. True friends who care for and support me. (strength)
4.       I can be healthier by eating balanced and regularly (strength)
5.       I can eat anything including cake, ice cream, chocolate etc. Moderation and balance is the key. (Strength)
6.       I don’t care to know my weight (Strength)
7.       I can fight back (Strength)
8.       I can escape if I wanted to (Strength)
9.       I don’t hate a/b enough (Weakness)
10.   I’m afraid of being alone and without control (Weakness)
11.   Pain sometimes still feels good. (Weakness)
Wow! Doing it this way makes me realize how strong I have become! :-)
But I can also see where I am still weak and it is clear that I need to continue working on my core beliefs. I think that breaking my deceptive core beliefs will be the final blow to the wall of this a/b prison and freedom will be sure.
I so wish I can take all the other prisoners with me on the day of my escape.
Why not join me? There’s room for everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment