Saturday 11 February 2012

Battle Plan

A salute to my fellow a/b fighters
To all those fighting for their very lives against the voice of Anorexia/Bulimia; I salute you!
Thank you first of all for all your comments on this blog. It’s such a privilege to hear from you and to relate to your personal struggle. It is a brutal fight and only I or A/B will remain standing.
The rehab where I was first introduced to the voice of a/b has the following slogan “Choose Life”!
That’s what it’s all about. It comes down to a decision only I can make. Do a want to live free, happy and at peace with myself and others? Well, then I must choose Life and absolutely reject the voice of anorexia/bulimia. I know that if I continue learning more and more about this enemy, I become more knowledgeable and empowered to fight back. But, make no mistake. A/B is nobody’s fool and it knows me better than I know myself. It will not be an easy victory, but it’s possible.
I need to position myself more strategically for the battle i.e. where I go, who I spend time with, what I eat, how much I eat, whether I have a routine or not and it’s imperative that I get enough rest. Sleep!!!!
The battle with a/b is in the mind. If the mind is tired due to lack of sleep, I’ve lost the battle even before it has started. It’s the tired days where I often lost the fight. Depression and anxiety follows and then a binge, starve ritual. So, I have to sleep to be battle fit every day.
I need to continue identifying and exposing the voice of a/b. This has proven to be a very effective weapon against this enemy. It seems that a/b needs me to believe that it’s all about me and that I’m once again in need of fixing. I’m not an anorexic! I’m not a bulimic! I’m a person with worth and hope who are in a battle with anorexia and bulimia.
I am better than a/b and it does not deserve to be part of my body and life.
I solute you my fellow fighters!!

1 comment: