Tuesday 14 February 2012

Feeling Bad for not Feeling Bad

Feeling bad for not feeling bad…..
What a strange feeling to feel bad for not feeling bad today?? Perhaps I have gotten so used to the constant self-rejection and self-criticism that I now have no idea what to do with feeling okay. Perhaps the voice of a/b is whispering softly that I am not good enough for him and a hopeless loser? I find it difficult to hear its voice although I know it must be the voice of a/b telling me that I should feel bad for feeling good.
Could this be a new strategy on a/b’s part? All I know is the anxiety is still hanging around in the back ground. I’m anxious because I don’t know what to expect. Is this the quiet before the storm? I hate to say this, but I feel more in control when I hear the voice of a/b clearly. I just feel better when I know where he is hiding.
I must admit that as much as I want a/b gone, I’m afraid of being alone, left to fight against life on my own. Why do I feel like I’m betraying a friend? His not my friend………or is he?
I have not done anything drastic to make him hide away. I have not done anything different the last couple of days that would explain the silence. I feel anxious………
I hope a/b is not planning a surprise attack because I don’t need it, not now. I’m finally getting to a place where I feel like some things are falling in place.
It’s really weird not feeling the presence of a/b…………………….
I wonder if any other people suffering from eating disorders experience the same thing??

Ps. it’s weighing day again today and I once again didn’t ask whether I’m up or down, although I am curious to know. I don’t think I ever want to know again.

1 comment:

  1. So relate...is such a frenemy...Can be my best friend and worst enemy...and as scary as it is part of me is not sure I can let it go completely... If I could put this all in red I would...

    Have accepted in many ways that after 17 years it is not going to go away, but that it is a friend can say hi to almost every now and then - but is there...A bit like in a beautiful mind, how he see's and has to come to terms with the fact his best friend isn't real and has to ignore it....But still acknowledges it is there.

    That said I do know and have heard of many people who a/b comes into their lives and that they are able to leave it all together...We are all different, so I guess part of it is finding what works for you best and learning how to do it...There is no manual, how I wish to God there was...a nice little instruction book on how to simply let it go...but that I spose is just asking for too much - still a girl can wish :)

    ReplyDelete