Monday 16 January 2012

The voice of A/B

The struggle within….
Life without this eating disorder is possible. I have to keep telling myself that otherwise I most certainly will revert back to believing that being thin, even if it kills me, is all that matters.
I will be using this blog to journal my battle against the voice of Anorexia/Bulimia, or as I call it “a/b”.
My objective is to externalize the voice of a/b through journaling, to such an extent that I can once again see myself as separated from it.
I will indicate my own voice in the color green and the voice of a/b in red. This way, it will be easy for the reader to distinguish between the voice of a/b, and my own voice.
The voice of a/b is a continuous rhetoric in my mind. I believe it is the same for most of those suffering from an eating disorder. It tells me that I am useless, ugly, fat, stupid and a joke……unless I lose weight. A/B never stops whispering in my ear. It always tells me that I am not good enough and that I should take its advice and trust it. The solution to all your problems is LOSE WEIGHT!!!
Please feel free to comment on this blog if you suffer or have recovered from the same evil torture in your life. Perhaps it will help someone currently in the a/b prison to realize the deception and to start the long and hard journey back to the truth, real happiness and peace.

1 comment:

  1. am really looking forward to reading these...my recovery has and is being largely done through identifying the voice of a/b...remember finding it almost impossible in the beginning but that slowly over time it has become easier...save bad days - that's something different...

    ReplyDelete