Wednesday 1 February 2012

Core Beliefs

Core Beliefs
What are core beliefs? Well, trying to understand the meaning, I consulted the Concise English Dictionary. I could not find “Core Beliefs” but n did find the word “Core” which means “The innermost or most essential part of something”. Interesting! I suppose my own definition would read; the innermost, central and ultimate understanding of the essence of something”. I think I will stick to “Core beliefs”.
The voice of a/b has its own core belief system which, for the most part are irrational. I will now list some of my core beliefs as part of an exercise my psychologist gave me. The mission is to first identify these beliefs and then to challenge each one by seeking to identify the truth from the lie. I must remember that the voice of a/b uses deception and never just pure lies to get a hold and to ultimately change my own core beliefs to suit its own. I must remember that a deception consists of two parts. One part truth and one part lie.
Here goes…..
1.       Thin is successful
2.       Thin is Beautiful
3.       Thin is acceptance
4.       Thin is graceful
5.       Thin is elegance
6.       Thin is worthy of respect
7.       Thin is worthy of love
8.       The key to true happiness is to be tall and thin
9.       Tall and thin people are good at everything they do.
10.   All winners are thin, Just look at the media.
11.   Fat is for losers
12.   Fat needs to be made a joke of
13.   Fat is always part of the odd one out
14.   Nobody likes fat people
15.   Fat is a sign of weakness
16.   Fat cannot be taken seriously
17.   Fat people are stupid and always needs help
18.   Fat shows no discipline and self-control.
19.   Not even Armani can make a fat person look good.
20.   Why does all fashion revolve around thin people? Because thin looks good and makes the clothes and designs look even better.
21.   Thin sells
22.   Thin is the key to everything and life
23.   There isn’t one person I know who wants to be fat!!!! Prove me wrong! Even my dietician watches her weight.
24.   Lose weight and look and feel better about yourself.
25.   I feel great when I lose weight.
I really believe these statements even when I can see the irrationality in some of them. I guess that makes them core beliefs.
I really don’t know how I am going to change the beliefs. But I will give it my best shot………….
                                                                                To be continued………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment