Tuesday 17 January 2012

A Battle almost won!

A Battle almost won!
Yesterday was incredible. I stayed on my meal plan for the whole day!! This is a serious victory as I normally experience an unstoppable craving for sweets and comfort foods after dinner every evening. Last night I made a special effort to sleep early for two reasons. One; to get a good night’s sleep, which I have been struggling with the past week or so. Secondly, to avoid the overpowering cravings for these foods I see as sin. 
Unfortunately I was woken just before midnight with a chocking cough. I found myself not able to sleep and wondering in the kitchen. Some digestive biscuits, muesli and yogurt later, I fell asleep on the couch in the lounge. Woke up tired again and feeling guilty about the midnight snack.
A/B: You are never going to be able to control yourself around food without me! You are useless without me! Can’t you see how you are wasting your time trying? What a loser!!
Me: I know that I failed last night because I ate extra stuff, but at least I made healthy food choices! I’m going to get through this struggle!
A/B: Ha! Ha! You are kidding yourself. You only survived all of these years because of me. You are, and will forever be nothing without me!!
Me: I can’t let you destroy me. You are not my friend. You are my enemy. You want me alone, sick, unhappy, frustrated and full of self-hatred and guilt.
A/B: Well then be FAT and ugly. You are only screwing yourself. What an idiot!!!!
Disengage.

No comments:

Post a Comment