Thursday 15 March 2012

Suicide

Suicide
I’ve heard yesterday that a dear friend of mine, who is also suffering under the spell of a/b, tried to commit suicide a couple of weeks ago.
Although I made myself available as support and sponsor, she didn’t contact me for support, and as such, I had no idea of the massive onslaught from the voice of anorexia/bulimia on her. Not that I could have done anything to help her or even stop her; it’s about not having to ever fight alone. The struggle with an eating disorder needs to be resisted with the love and support of others. It is an epic battle and there is and will always be collateral damage.
I need and appreciate all the anti-a/b support I can get, and believe me, there aren’t many anti-a/b people around.
 I’m just so thankful that someone found her in time and rushed her off to hospital. She is doing fine now and will hopefully not attempt it again. I pray she doesn’t ever try this again.
One thing is sure, A/B will strike again and she will be faced with the same temptation to end it all again. I speak of my own experience with a/b. It will never give up. It is fighting for its very life, and so should we.
I once again didn’t weigh yesterday and I must say that I haven’t even thought about it today. I suppose this is good. Very good!
Anyway, I’m advancing at a realistic and balanced pace on my road to recovery. I feel kind of confidant that I can actually be free from a/b one day SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment